April 8, 2014
Since Easter is right around the corner, we decided to put together a festive project for those of you that have the Cricut Explore with the Anna Griffin Soiree content.
We've turned the chain cupcake wrapper into a precious paper Easter basket that's a perfect tabletop display for your decorated eggs.
Please note: the Soiree artwork will not be available for purchase in Design Space until late May.
Here are the supplies you’ll need for this project:
· Cricut Explore with Anna Griffin Soiree Content
· Anna Griffin Cuttlebug Lace Trimmings Folders and Dies: http://bit.ly/1ohXRhS
· Anna Griffin Perfect Palette 12x12 Cardstock: http://bit.ly/1hXfJJR
· Anna Griffin Interchangeable Border Punch set: http://bit.ly/1kmZoBz
· Anna Griffin All-Occasion 3D Sentiment Garlands
· Anna Griffin Metallic Layers paper collection
· Anna Griffin ink pads: http://bit.ly/1g1WkXn
· Basket filler/artificial grass
Follow these steps to make the Easter basket:
1. Login to Design Space and cut basket pieces using Cricut Explore (lace cut-out, backing and circular bottom). Click this link for the cutting file in Design Space. https://www.cricut.com/design/#/canvas/project/16111898
2. Assemble sides of basket by adhering lacy cut-out to solid backing. Insert tab into slot and apply adhesive to secure.
3. For basket bottom, snip circle every 1/2” up to score line. Fold on score line to create tabs. Apply adhesive to tabs and push circle down into basket, securing tabs to sides of basket.
4. Trim a 1 3/4” x 12” strip of blue Perfect Palette cardstock. Punch both edges with lace punch. Adhere ends of strip to inside of basket to form handle.
Now, let’s decorate the Easter eggs:
1. Dye your eggs. Eggs can be dyed traditionally, or rubbed with Anna Griffin pigment inks as seen here.
2. Die cut decorative flourishes from Metallic Layers cardstock. We chose to use metallic gold and pearlized cream cardstock for our eggs, but you can use any color you’d like!
3. Use liquid adhesive to adhere die cuts to eggs. We used Scrappy Glue from HSN.com for this step: http://bit.ly/1hchinh
Now place your finished eggs in the basket and accent with a “Happy Easter” banner or sentiment.
We hope you enjoy making this project!